Auransa is an AI-driven pharmaceutical company that develops precise medicines for patients in areas of significant unmet medical need. We are redefining precision medicine by applying advanced computation to the discovery and development of drugs and diagnostics for clinically meaningful disease subtypes. With an initial focus on cancer and neurological diseases, our approach will hasten the availability of treatments for these underserved subpopulations by leveraging our proprietary platform to discover novel targets, unique mechanisms of action, and effective therapies.
We seek exceptional people who can help create the future of pharmaceutical discovery.
In the position of Director, Preclinical Development, Auransa seeks an experienced and self-motivated drug hunter responsible for leading a team focused on the discovery of new molecules for development in cancer and aging.
- Provide scientific and research leadership to the Preclinical Development group with oncology and CNS focus designing, implementing and analyzing preclinical studies
- Work closely with data scientists to screen in silico hits for testing in cell culture and in vivo
- Work closely with medicinal chemistry and drug metabolism groups to screen compounds for development leads by generating in vitro and in vivo profile including PK/PD relationships
- Work with the Chief Scientific Officer to help set goals that achieve corporate objectives
- Identification and management of collaborative efforts with contract research organizations, academic groups and partners
- Represent research from multiple scientists and projects for internal and external discussions and presentations
- PhD in biochemistry, biology, genetics or related field
- Strong background in cancer biology and the pharmacology of cancer drugsPrevious industry experience of at least 10 years in a directly relevant position
- Broad expertise in both molecular and cellular disease, particularly as it relates to cancer and neuro-degeneration and the application of genetic, functional genomics and pharmacological tools
- Ability to lead and participate in multiple functional teams
- Ability to analyze statistical significance of preclinical studies
- Understanding of pharmacokinetic concepts as they relate to in vivo preclinical studies
- Experience in target discovery and validation
- Strong track record of publishing, writing and presentation
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com